Nguyen Thien Thuat apartment buildings
|Nguyen Thien Thuat apartment buildings|
Chung cư Nguyễn Thiện Thuật
|Location||Nguyen Thien Thuat Street, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City 12, Vietnam|
The Nguyen Thien Thuat apartment buildings (Vietnamese: Chung cư Nguyễn Thiện Thuật) are a complex of American-built historic buildings in District 3, Ho Chi Minh City. The apartments are located on Nguyen Thien Thuat street, a thoroughfare known for its musical instrument shops.
Constructed in 1968 in the aftermath of the Tet Offensive, the apartments originally housed soldiers serving in the US military. The apartments are adjacent to Ban Co Market on Nguyen Dinh Chieu street, a large wet market. The area is considered a haven for street food, and is a popular destination for food tours. In 2021, the Ho Chi Minh City government proposed demolishing the apartments, which it described as "seriously deteriorated".
- Kaye, David (2020-07-27). "Thinh Doan Has Been Searching Saigon's Secret Rooftops For The Perfect Shot". The Dot Magazine | Your Insider Guide To Saigon And Beyond. Retrieved 2022-08-06.
- "HCMC proposes demolishing old apartment buildings if half of residents agree". The Saigon Times. 2021-01-18. Retrieved 2022-08-06.
- Tran, Huynh Buu Loc (2022). Interrogating ‘Saigon Space’: Spatial Practices in Laneways of Ho Chi Minh City.
- "In Ho Chi Minh City, there's a music street called Nguyen Thien Thuat". Vietnam Life. 2019-01-07. Retrieved 2022-08-06.
- VnExpress. "Saigon market eateries serve an array of appetizing snacks - VnExpress International". VnExpress International – Latest news, business, travel and analysis from Vietnam. Retrieved 2022-08-06.
- "Hẻm Gems: A Bún Bò Breakfast in D3 | Saigoneer". saigoneer.com. Retrieved 2022-08-06.
- "Cơm Âm Phủ: Hue's 'Purgatory Rice' That Tastes Like Heaven | Saigoneer". saigoneer.com. Retrieved 2022-08-06.
- "Thien An: Saigon Unseen Walking Food Tour - Book Online - Cookly". www.cookly.me. Retrieved 2022-08-06.