|Theme||Marvel Cinematic Universe 13|
|Total||6 (As of 2021[update])|
|Avengers Campus California|
(Disney California Adventure)
|Opened||June 2, 2021|
|Avengers Campus Paris|
(Walt Disney Studios Park)
|Opens||July 20, 2022|
|Stark Expo Hong Kong|
(Hong Kong Disneyland)
Avengers Campus[a] is a Marvel Cinematic Universe–themed area located at Disney California Adventure, and being developed for Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland. The Marvel-themed areas or "lands" will be developed simultaneously at the three parks and inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe. However, they will instead take place in the "Marvel Theme Park Universe", an alternate universe parallel to it within the Marvel Multiverse, in which the Blip and related ensuing events introduced in Avengers: Infinity War did not occur. They are designed by Walt Disney Imagineering, in collaboration with Marvel Studios and Marvel Themed Entertainment.
Based on three different continents, the Marvel-themed areas will be defined as the "Super Hero campus" of their specific region, that will help guests to become heroes. Each area will feature mostly different sets of attractions and entertainment, while being strongly interconnected with each other by sharing a common narrative.
Disney California Adventure
Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure is centered around an Avengers campus located on the former shared grounds of a Stark Industries plant and Strategic Scientific Reserve complex. The area takes up the space previously occupied by A Bug's Land—with Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure using the same show building that previously housed the It's Tough to Be a Bug! attraction—as well as absorbing the nearby Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! attraction that was previously designated in Hollywood Land.
A Bug's Land closed on September 5, 2018, to make way for the new area. At the 2017 D23 Expo, Disney announced the Guardians of the Galaxy attraction would be joined by Spider-Man and the Avengers as part of the new immersive superhero-themed area at the park. Disney initially announced on March 11, 2020, that Avengers Campus would open on July 18, 2020, but was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In late December 2020, Disney announced that Avengers Campus was scheduled to open in 2021. Due to a 1994 contract with Universal Parks & Resorts, Disney cannot use the "Marvel" name in the park's branding or attractions. In April 2021, Disney announced that the area would open on June 4, 2021.
On February 28, 2022, to honor Stan Lee, the park dedicated a plaque by an entrance to the Campus surrounded by blue planters as Lee would have celebrated his 100th Birthday in December 2022. The plaque's inscription reads: "We dedicate Avengers Campus to the incomparable Stan Lee. 'That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done and because it's the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt a real superhero.' Thank you, Stan, for inspiring the hero within each of us. You have made us all True Believers."
Current attractions and entertainment
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Dance Off!
- Heroic Encounters
- Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure
- Doctor Strange: Mysteries of the Mystic Arts
- Avengers Headquarters
Future attractions and entertainment
- Avengers Quinjet Experience (opening in Phase 2)
- The Collector's Warehouse
- WEB Suppliers
- Campus Supply Pod
Meet and Greet: Heroes and Villains
- Clint Barton / Hawkeye
- Kate Bishop / Hawkeye
- America Chavez
- Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel
- Death Dealer
- Antonia Dreykov / Taskmaster
- Dora Milaje
- Steven Grant / Mr. Knight
- Groot
- Agatha Harkness
- Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel
- Scott Lang / Ant-Man
- Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch
- Peter Parker / Spider-Man
- Peter Quill / Star-Lord
- Steve Rogers / Captain America
- Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
- Marc Spector / Moon Knight
- Tony Stark / Iron Man
- Dr. Stephen Strange
- T'Challa / Black Panther
- Thor
- Hope van Dyne / Wasp
- Sam Wilson / Captain America
Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure
Doctor Strange: Mysteries of the Mystic Arts
Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!
Pym Test Kitchen
Walt Disney Studios Park
The version at Walt Disney Studios Park (Disneyland Paris) will be taking over the Backlot area of the park, retheming it to Marvel. It will include Avengers Assemble: Flight Force (a re-theme of the park's opening day attraction Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith to feature Iron Man) and a clone of Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure from California, now titled as Spider-Man W.E.B. Adventure. In May 2022, Disney announced that the area will open on July 20, 2022.
Future attractions and entertainment
- Avengers Assemble: Flight Force
- Spider-Man W.E.B. Adventure
- Training Center
- Heroic Encounters
- Pym Kitchen
- Stark Factory
- Super Diner
- WEB - Worldwide Eating Brigade
- FANtastic Food Truck
- Mission Equipment
Meet and Greet: Heroes and Villains
- Iron Man
- Captain Marvel
- Black Panther
- Black Widow
- Sam Wilson/Captain America
- The Wasp
- Okoye and the Dora Milaje from Wakanda
In the Training Center, guests can experience a one-of-a-kind encounter with Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Captain Marvel. For the first time in a Disney Park, a dynamic “freeze frame” video sequence, created by Disney Photo Pass with 27 cameras all around the action, can capture these meetings with Captain Marvel or Iron Man and turn them into unforgettable moments. These special encounters will be available for booking through the Disneyland Paris mobile app. Earlier reports also mentioned Captain America and Black Widow as appearing in the training center.
Hong Kong Disneyland
The version at Hong Kong Disneyland was announced in 2016, as part of the park's expansion plan. It will take over part of Tomorrowland and will be themed as the Stark Expo based in Hong Kong, where guests are asked to join the Super Heroes in their battles. This version entered phase 2 in 2019, which includes Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! in the Science and Technology Pavilion of Stark Expo, along with a new retail facility and themed food. This new attraction joined the Iron Man Experience, which opened in 2017 and took up the area where the former Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters attraction used to be. On top of this, there will be new attractions and other forms of entertainment added to the land up until the year 2023, when a brand new Avengers themed ride will open, taking over the area previously occupied by Autopia.
Current attractions and entertainment (as part of Tomorrowland)
- Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle!
- Expo Assembly Station - Heroic Encounter
- Iron Man Experience
- Iron Man Tech Showcase
Current retail (as part of Tomorrowland)
- Expo Shop
- Pavilion Gifts
Future attractions and entertainment
- Avengers Quinjet Experience
- Stark Expo themed Restaurant
The music for the themed land at Disney California Adventure was arranged by John Paesano, who referenced themes from the MCU's Avengers, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther films. A single entitled "Welcome Recruits" was digitally released by Hollywood Records and Marvel Music on April 22, 2022.
- Marvel Super Hero Island
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- Pandora – The World of Avatar
- Deitchman, Beth (March 11, 2020). "Everything We Know About Avengers Campus at Disneyland Resort". D23. Retrieved July 31, 2021.
- Smith, Thomas (August 22, 2019). "Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Shares First of Many Exciting Announcements to Be Unveiled at D23 Expo 2019". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved August 22, 2019.
- Hall, Jacob (August 22, 2019). "The Marvel Land at Disney California Adventure is Called Avengers Campus – Check Out New Concept Art, Models and More [D23]". /Film. Retrieved August 23, 2019.
- Glover, Erin (March 20, 2018). "Avengers and Other Super Heroes to Assemble in New Themed Areas at Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- Fickley-Baker, Jennifer. "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Walt Disney Studios Park to Receive Marvel Transformation". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- "Avengers Campus is coming to Disneyland Paris in 2021". Mr. Magical Parks. August 23, 2019. Retrieved August 26, 2019.
- "The New Guardians of the Galaxy Ride Exists in Its Own Unique Marvel Universe". io9. May 25, 2017. Retrieved April 4, 2020.
- "Disney's Marvel Land takes place in parallel to the MCU, thanks to the multiverse". Polygon. March 11, 2020. Retrieved March 11, 2020.
- "Avengers Campus: Thanos Snap Never Happened in Disney Parks Version of the Marvel Cinematic Universe". ComicBook.com. April 3, 2020. Retrieved April 4, 2020.
- McNary, Dave (March 20, 2018). "Marvel-Themed Lands Coming to Three Disney Parks". Variety. Archived from the original on March 22, 2018. Retrieved March 21, 2018.
- "Summer of Heroes Begins Tomorrow at Disney California Adventure Park". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- "Marvel Super Heroes Come to Disneyland Paris in Summer 2018". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- "Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Continues Growing as Marvel's Asia Epicenter this Summer". Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. June 14, 2017. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- "Global Avengers Initiative to Assemble Earth's Mightiest Heroes at Disney Parks Around the World". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- Corless, Tom (December 10, 2018). "Disney Releases New Concept Art, Vague Details About Attractions..." WDW News Today. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- @Disneyland (March 11, 2020). "Introducing Avengers Campus, an all-new land opening July 18 at Disney California Adventure Park. A Super Hero training complex for the next generation of heroes…just like you. #LetsGoBeHeroes" (Tweet). Retrieved March 11, 2020 – via Twitter.
- Niles, Robert. "Disneyland Backs off Opening Date for Avengers Campus". Theme Park Insider. Theme Park Insider. Retrieved April 12, 2020.
- Abell, Bailee (December 31, 2020). "Disney Confirms What's Coming to Parks in 2021". insidethemagic.net. Retrieved January 4, 2021.
- Martin, Hugo (April 6, 2018). "Disney's California Adventure expansion will feature Marvel superheroes. Just don't call it 'Marvel Land'". Los Angeles Times.
- "Marvel Agreement between MCA Inc. and Marvel Entertainment Group". sec.gov. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Archived from the original on March 23, 2016.
- "Avengers Campus Opens June 4, 2021". Marvel Entertainment. Retrieved April 8, 2021.
- "Stan Lee's Legacy Honored at Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure Park". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved February 28, 2022.
- Sciretta, Peter (October 23, 2018). "Marvel Land Ride Details Revealed For Disney California Adventure". /Film. Retrieved November 22, 2020.
- "Avengers Campus: Peek Inside The New Land". Marvel Entertainment. Retrieved April 8, 2021.
- "Pym Test Kitchen Website". Disneyland. June 22, 2021. Retrieved June 22, 2021.
- "Pym Test Lab Website". Disneyland. June 22, 2021. Retrieved June 22, 2021.
- "Shawarma Palace Website". Disneyland. June 22, 2021. Retrieved June 22, 2021.
- "Terran Treats Website". Disneyland. June 22, 2021. Retrieved June 22, 2021.
- Richards, Ron (November 24, 2021). "Clint Barton and Kate Bishop Arrive at Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park". Marvel.com. Archived from the original on November 24, 2021. Retrieved November 24, 2021.
- Chen, Eve (April 28, 2022). "Disneyland is giving one of its hotels a Pixar-themed makeover". USA Today. Archived from the original on April 28, 2022. Retrieved April 28, 2022.
- Gibaldi, Gabriel (June 8, 2021). "Team Up with Earth's Mightiest Heroes at Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure Park". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved September 15, 2021.
- Paige, Rachel (September 3, 2021). "Shang-Chi and Death Dealer Arrive at Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park". Marvel.com. Retrieved September 15, 2021.
- Slater, Shawn (July 7, 2021). "Heroes From Across the Cinematic Universe Appear Inside Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved September 15, 2021.
- Bonomolo, Cameron (April 6, 2022). "Moon Knight: Mr. Knight Appears at Avengers Campus". ComicBook.com. Retrieved April 7, 2022.
- Hoffer, Christian (August 25, 2021). "Wandavision's Agatha Harkness Is Coming to Disneyland". ComicBook.com. Retrieved September 15, 2021.
- Paige, Rachel. "Ms. Marvel Arrives at Avengers Campus". Marvel.com. Retrieved June 18, 2022.
- Paige, Rachel. "Sersi, Kingo, and Phastos Arrive at Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park". Marvel.com. Retrieved November 5, 2021.
- Paige, Rachel (March 30, 2022). "Moon Knight Arrives at Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park". Marvel.com. Retrieved April 4, 2022.
- "Disney Announces Transformative Multi-Year Expansion for Disneyland Paris – Disneyland Paris News". Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- "D23 Expo 2019: Disney Parks Reveals Details about "Avengers Campus" at Disneyland Paris | News | Marvel". Marvel Entertainment. Retrieved August 26, 2019.
- Marden, Duane. "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Walt Disney Studios Park (Marne la Vallée, Île-de-France, France))". Roller Coaster DataBase.
- Perine, Aaron (November 20, 2021). "Disney Announces New Avengers Campus Opening Date". ComicBook.com. Archived from the original on November 20, 2021. Retrieved November 27, 2021.
- "Avengers Campus – DisneylandParis News". Retrieved May 24, 2022.
- "Full List of All Character Experiences Coming to Avengers Campus at Walt Disney Studios Park". May 24, 2022.
- "New Avengers Campus Concept Art Reveals 'Training Center' Meet & Greets with Iron Man, Spider-Man, and More at Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris". May 15, 2022.
- "Hong Kong Disneyland Announces Plan for Multi-Year Expansion With New Attractions and Entertainment". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- "Iron Man Experience, Disney Parks' First Marvel-Themed Ride, Opens at Hong Kong Disneyland". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- Smith, Thomas. "Ant-man and the Wasp: Nano Battle! Coming to Hong Kong Disneyland in 2019".
- "Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! Coming to Hong Kong Disneyland in 2019". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- "Hong Kong Disneyland – Ant-Man and the Wasp Attraction Info & Artwork". Disney Geek. February 15, 2018.
- "Hong Kong Disneyland to Close Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters on 8/31". Disney Geek. August 7, 2017.
- "Music from Disneyland's Avengers Campus Released". Film Music Reporter. April 22, 2022. Archived from the original on April 22, 2022. Retrieved April 22, 2022.
- Official Disney California Adventure website